K-5, established 2000
- Good fit for families interested in a placed-based program in which children explore natural surroundings and cultural connections.
- Incorporates Tlingit elders, cultural knowledge, language, understanding, respect, and skills.
- Three multi-age classrooms where Native students are encouraged to do well in school, and develop cultural pride and confidence.
- Stresses academic achievement and literacy, with an emphasis on oral language.
- Strong connection between program and families.
- Located in Harborview, dowtown.
- Limited enrollment; subject to placement procedures