Student Registration FAQ

3 months ago

Q: How do I enroll a new student to the Juneau School District student?
A: Contact your neighborhood school.

Q: How do I re-enroll my student into the Juneau School District?
A: Go to the Juneau School District Returning Student Registration page.

Q. When can my student start school?

A: After all registration forms are completed and supporting documents submitted, your neighborhood school administrative assistant or registrar will call you with a start date.

Q: Do I contact my neighborhood school to re-enroll a student who did not attend a school in the Juneau School District at the end of the previous school year?

A: Yes, please contact your neighborhood school, and you may be required to update your student's online forms and provide supporting documentation. returning student registration process online.


Q: Can I walk into the school and get a paper registration packet to take home and fill out?

A: Yes, or email your neighborhood school registrar to receive the paperwork through email and print fill out at home and bring into the school.


Q: If I give the office staff permission to sign in for me, can they fill in the forms for me electronically?

A: Due to liability and security reasons, the guardian must complete the forms for the student(s) being enrolled.


Q: Can I request a specific teacher?

A: In order to maintain equity, we try to balance all classes which does not allow for teacher choice.


Q: What is an access code and id and where do I get it?

A: An access code and id is necessary to create a PowerSchool account. If you are registering a new student, this information is provided via an email from Enrollment Express. If you don't receive the email (be sure and check your spam and junk email folders!) you may contact the school administrative assistant or registrar and they can provide you the information. Your PowerSchool account is the mechanism for completing the online registration forms and uploading supporting documentation for your new student(s). It also allows you access to view your student(s) homework assignments, attendance, etc. If you are a guardian of a returning student, contact the administrative assistant or registrar of your neighborhood school and they will provide you the access code and id.


A: Can I put the mother's boyfriend's name under father on the demographics page?

A: The information provided for the mother and father should reflect what is the on the student's birth certificate or other legal documentation. If you need to add other legal or guardian paperwork or submit additional contact information for your student, please contact your school administrative assistant or registrar.


Q: I would like to add another contact but already submitted the form. What should I do?

A: Contact your school administrative assistant or registrar. A school contact list is available on the student registration web page.


Q: I want my son to have my new husband's last name, but he hasn't adopted him. Can I just use it anyway?

A: No, we must have your student's legal name. A legal name change document or new birth certificate must be provided to the School District to initiate a name change for your student.


Q: I don't have access to the Internet or an electronic device, how do I enroll my child?

A: Parents can go to any school in the School District and request a paper registration packet.


Q: Can I just come to the school and have them do the enrollment for me?

A: This is currently not an option.


Q: How do I enroll my child if they are not attending a neighborhood school, but an optional program?

A: The Juneau School District has an application process for students wishing to attend the Juneau Community Charter School, Montessori Borealis Public Alternative School, and the Tlingit Culture, Language, and Literacy Program at Harborview Elementary School. Oftentimes these are referred to as optional programs. Contact the school administrative assistant for additional information.

Returning Student Registration

a month ago

Welcome back to the Juneau School District!

A returning student is a student who has attended a school in the Juneau School District previously and is coming back after exiting for any reason or having a break in attendance, other than summer break.

As a returning student, the first step in the registration process is to contact the administrative assistant or registrar at your neighborhood school.

After contact has been made with your neighborhood school administrative assistant or registrar, you will need a PowerSchool account. Your PowerSchool account will provide the ability to complete and/or update the required registration forms, as well as upload proof of residency and other records for your student(s).

  • If you previously used PowerSchool, you may use the same username and password.

  • If you do not have a PowerSchool account, you will need to create one by going to the PowerSchool login/create account page. Assistance creating your PowerSchool account and linking your student(s) to that account can be found in the Creating a PowerSchool Parent Account guide. Assistance is also available from your neighborhood school administrative assistant or registrar.

  • It is necessary to update and/or complete all of the forms listed below prior to your student being scheduled for class(es).

    Online registration forms include:

    • Form A: Student Information Update
    • Form B: Student Change of Address
    • Form C1: Guardian Information Update
    • Form C2: Emergency Contact Information
    • Form D: Health Information

    Returning secondary students will also need to provide transcripts or grade reports.

    Your child will not be scheduled into class(es) until after all the necessary registration forms are completed and documentation has been submitted.

Registration kiosks are available at each school for families without access to the Internet or an electronic device.

Please contact your school's administrative assistant or registrar to ensure that your student(s) has been successfully enrolled and scheduled into a class. The school administrative assistant will inform you of the first day of school for your student.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact your neighborhood school or contact the District Office at or (907) 523-1722.