Juneau School District Goals 2008 – 2013
Goal #1 - Increase Student Achievement
Increase all student achievement to meet or exceed JSD core standards.
- Significantly Increase Graduation Rate
- Significantly Increase Alaska Native Graduation Rate
- Increase Test Scores
- Increase Test Scores of Alaska Native, Poverty, English Language
- Learners and Special Education Students Meeting District Core
- Increase Number of Schools Meeting Adequate Yearly Progress
- Increase the Percentage of Student Enrolled in Advance Placement
Goal #2 - Educate Students for Effective Citizenship
To be participating and contributing members of the community.
- Increase Student Ability to Serve as a Community and Global Contributor
- Increase the Percentage of Students who Participate in School, Community or Civic Activities
Goal #3 - Assure system wide structures that support achievement, inclusion, and graduation for all students.
Implement educational practices that positively impact all underperforming groups of students.
- Improve School Climate and Connectedness
- Improve School Climate and Connectedness for Alaska Native Students
- Increase Alaska Native Student Attendance
- Increase Percentage of Minority District Staff
- Increase the Use of Equitable Practices in the Classroom
- Increase the Percentage of Diversity Sub-Populations Enrolled in Advanced Placement Courses
- Increase the Percent of Diversity Sub-Populations Taking SAT/ACT