10014 Crazy Horse Drive
Juneau, AK 99801
The Juneau School District Physical Plant consists of thirteen campuses with a total building square footage in excess of 800,000 square feet:
- Six pre-school through 5th grade schools, with covered play structures
- Two middle schools
- One alternative high school
- One high school annex
- One high school
- District Office
- Maintenance and Facilities
The primary goal of our department is to ensure a clean, comfortable, safe, healthy, and functional environment in which the mission of the Juneau School District can be achieved and our students can thrive.
To assist in reaching our goal we have developed and continue to improve on the following strategies:
- A formalized Work Request System that enables and assists staff with reporting problems and requests as they arise.
- Annual Summer Work Request System that allows staff to request building or program improvements/modifications that may be completed over the breaks to enhance the teaching environment.
- Continual district-wide inspections and servicing of HVAC equipment for safety, efficiency, and comfort.
- Routine inspection of all major building components .
- Developing a highly skilled maintenance staff with expertise in the building trades most relative to facility maintenance.
- As much cross training as possible within our small work force.
- Computerized Energy Management System that includes automated schedules for lighting controls and HVAC systems, record keeping, and alarm monitoring for equipment and filters, automated fire and intrusion monitoring and reporting.
- Continue to develop our facilities during renovation and construction with dual fuel capabilities to allow us to take advantage of efficiencies in energy price fluctuations.
- Implementation of a computerized Maintenance Management Program that allows us to qualify for Department of Education and Early Development funding and reimbursement.
Other highlights of our maintenance programs are:
- Snow removal and sanding;
- Parking lot sweeping and maintenance;
- Monthly inspections and record keeping of fire prevention equipment;
- Routine daily custodial care of our facilities;
- Prioritized in house summer and winter break maintenance projects;
- Routine scheduled summer maintenance activities;
- Thorough in house summer cleaning of all Juneau School District facilities;
- Hazmat, blood borne pathogen, and first aid training for all maintenance and custodial staff
Maintenance and Facilities Staff
- Lead Maintenance Mechanic:
- Senior Maintenance Mechanic II - Electrical:
- Senior Maintenance Mechanic II - HVAC:
- Maintenance Mechanic II - All Purpose:
Rex Dugger, Phil Sellick, Steve Borgert, Jim Bradley, Jerome Kristjansen
- Maintenance Mechanic I - Groundsman:
- Maintenance Mechanic I:
Gary Durling, Jr.
- Frieght Receiving/Mail Handler:
Martin Messing, Dennis Barril
Supporting the Maintenance and Facilities Department is our cheerful and efficient office staff of: